Another area we consider very important in our efforts to promote responsible tourism, is to be part of the sustainable tourism movement, both national and international. We have participated in the following certifications and conferences:
- Certified on Social Corporate Responsability and Sustainability by TourCert.
- Green Leaders Gold Level on Trip Advisor.
- Certified by the Pichincha Provincial Counsel (Ecuador) as a Distinctive Quality Establishment.
- Hopineo Hosts for leaders in the sustainable tourism movement.
- Sponsors and participants in the Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference (ESTC) 2015 organized by The International Ecotourism Society.
This recognitions and certifications reassure the efficiency of our sustainable processes and motivate us to continue improving and innovating in the wide field of sustainable tourism. Our Corporate Policy reveals more clearly the principles that guide us and have made us winners of this awards.
Casa Divina Lodge and SabinaTour Operator are two local and family companies that carry out complementary touristic activities in the cloud forest of Mindo, Ecuador, in South America. The great love and respect that we feel for the surrounding area are reflected in our constant efforts for educating, inspiring and promoting the conservation of the forests of the world. Likewise, we have formed a work team that identifies with our core values: honesty, responsibility, respect, efficiency, quality service, discipline and security. This allows us to comply fully with the agreements made with our clients, providers and collaborators, as well as with our obligations with the community and the environment.
Our lodge and tour operator offer a unique opportunity to explore the stunning biodiversity of the Chocó Andino de Pichincha Biosphere Reserve, along with high quality services and a deep environmental and social commitment that we maintain at all times. In order to achieve that, we implement processes of continuous improvement that lead us to develop skills for planning, managing and closing projects. Furthermore, in our mission for preventing pollution and making an efficient use of resources, we’re constantly innovating to incorporate appropriate ecological technologies and practices.
We consider it fundamental to involve and interact with the local community, which is why we employ their services whenever possible, whether they are or not related to tourism. At our work environment we promote equality, mutual respect and job security, offering worthy conditions along with a dynamic and productive atmosphere. In this way, we foment the development of our region towards a sustainable and ecologically responsible future.
Lastly, Casa Divina Lodge and SabinaTour Operator are committed to complying with the legal regulations stated in the Constitution of Ecuador, which establishes that all the rights mentioned in this document, and in international treaties or agreements, must be guaranteed for everyone who lives or visits our country; mostly for children and adolescents.
Regarding environmental aspects, these are the goals that guide our conservation practices:
- • To establish, maintain and innovate practices and processes that allow us to prevent pollution and to carry out an efficient resource management.
- • To gather a successful work team that is aligned with the mission, vision, commitments and values of our companies.
- • To share our sustainable practices and its benefits with our clients, collaborators and the community in general.
- • To make intellectual, economical and/or practical inputs, to contribute to the sustainable development of tourism in the region and the country.
- • To create alliances with companies, organizations and people who share the same ideology and support entrepreneurship for a progressive, socially responsible, and environmentally conscious society.