We couldn’t do what we do without the Mindo cloud forest and maintaining the natural beauty of this place is one of our main priorities. We have purchased a 100 Ha (250 acres) protected reserve and participate in the Socio-Bosque program, which works to conserve forest and deliver economic benefits to local communities at the same time. This ensures that not only the lodge, but the whole area will continue to be pristine and be an excellent place for bird watching, swimming, hiking and relaxing.
In order to keep the delicate balance of the Mindo cloud forest intact we are very careful with the waste we produce and products we use. We, along with the rest of the Mindo community, recycle and separate our waste into organic and inorganic bins. Casa Divina Lodge only uses biodegradable cleaning products and natural insect repellent to ensure we aren’t adding harmful chemicals to the water or forest. We are also careful about what products we buy to minimize our environmental impact as much as possible.
We are aware of our carbon footprint and are conservative with our electricity usage. We have energy efficient machines and LED lighting to minimize consumption. We make sure to provide you the amenities you find at other Mindo hotels in a responsible way to ensure you enjoy your stay in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
At Casa Divina we like to make sure we stay at the forefront of the sustainability movement. We participate in the following groups and conferences:
- Certified by Smart Voyager Express
- Certified by the Pichincha Provincial Counsel as a Distinctive Quality Establishment in Ecuador
- Members of The International Ecotourism Society
- Sponsors and Participants in The Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference in Quito April 2015
- Green Leaders Gold Level on Trip Advisor
- Members of the Sustainability Leaders Forum
- Hopineo Hosts for leaders in the sustainable tourism movement
If you would like more information please contact us and we would be happy to tell you more about the lodge and the conservation practices we promote. We look forward to talking with you.